Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Sales

I just finished The Complete Idiot's Guide to Cold Calling. I'm getting my game plan together. After reading the book, which I found very helpful, it dawned on me that there truly is a science to sales/selling. Considering how essential selling is to every business (without it there is no biz), you would think sales training would be taught earlier in an academic/vocational setting. But it isn't (as far as I recall). Certainly each industry/product has its uniqueness, but I would venture to say a top rate salesman could sell anything once he/she is up to speed on the product/service. It really is all about the process and I think that could be taught in a general sense in an academic setting. Dad was an entrepreneur, but at his core he was a salesman. And a damn good one. And I couldn't be more proud. Now I just want to harness his mojo and sell baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home